Monday, January 5, 2009

Ringing in the New Year!

  • Another month has come and gone and it is now 2009! Whew...2008 really went by fast, did it not?!? Let's see...a recap of the last few weeks. It was a crazy busy, but wonderful time. My sister-in-law Anna and her family (husband Arturo and 2 year old daughter Audriana) arrived in Minnesota from Florida on Christmas Eve and were here until the 30th of December. LOVE these guys so much! Little Miss Audriana is a spit fire...so busy, cute and funny. She is definitely a 2 year old; getting into everything, constantly in motion and independent. She kept on calling me "Uncle Korey" which was pretty cute that I finally had to stop correcting her. On Monday the 29th, we headed down to the Roseville area to try on bridesmaid dresses for my other sister-in-law's upcoming June wedding. Anna, who is pregnant with baby #2 due in February!!, watched as I tried on possible dresses and when we finally found the one, tried it on too. It's super cute, tea length in a great Pool Blue color. Has a little Bling, bling, too. I'm so excited for her Wedding...it's going to be so much fun!
  • I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on my blog yet, but our families (my Kruschel side and Grant's Lindberg side) will both grow in numbers this year. Like I wrote above, Grant's sister Anna will have another baby in February AND my sister Casey (Casey and Anna were best friends in high school and growing up) will have baby #2 in June! We are so excited for the both of them and can't wait to meet the new babys.
  • Brendan is now 7 months old and boy how he has grown in those 7 months! I've got to download some more recent pictures to show just how much he has grown...watch for that post coming later. Over the holidays we thought that he was getting his teeth; he was sooooooooo fussy, constantly shoving things in his mouth to gnaw on and drooling to beat the band. So far, though, they have not shown their pearly little nubs. He also had/has a nice little cold that was accompanied by a fever over the weekend. The fever is gone, but the runny nose is a flowing.
  • I am getting in shape this year. You see...I had the good fortune of developing gestational diabetes when pregnant with Brendan and there is no WAY that I want to go through that again AND I have a greater chance of developing "real" diabetes later in life. Knowing all of this info, I refuse to let that happen, so I must exercise and eat better. I did a great job of exercising when I was pregnant with Brendan, so I know that I can do it! I'm also going to take a cue from the GREAT Cathy Zielske (she's an awesome scrapbooker and Minnesota girl who's blog I follow-linked on right) and post about my journey. The first Monday of each month, I will post my weight (I need to get a scale OR Wii Fit in order to do this), the exercising that I've done and other little bits and pieces regarding my resolve to get in shape. I wouldn't go so far as saying I've made a "New Year's Resolution", but I have resolved to live a healthy-ier fit life.

Well, That's it for now...I will hopefully get my "Brendan at 7 months" post done at some point this week and have some pictures to share.

Here's to a Happy 2009!

No comments: