Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oh time...you're evil!

So I've been on to blog a couple of different times, but I never got them finished. Sheesh! Life has been super crazy, full and wonderful. My baby is 9 weeks old and getting so big. Amazing I tell ya. He's starting to coo, look at things around him more and just plain old getting bigger and bigger everyday. He's also super smiley...when his tummy's full. Last Friday, he weighed in at 12 pounds 3 ounces. He moved up another size in diapers and none of his newborn clothes fit anymore. It's 0-3 months baby!

We were very fortunate to have been able to spend some time with both Grant's and my families over the last couple of weeks. It started out July 19th with a week long stay at a remote cabin on Lake Vermillion with Grant's family. We found out that my SIL, Anna and her husband Arturo are expecting their second child the end of February! Please keep your fingers crossed that it is a boy...Brendan needs another male family member...he's surrounded by little girls!!! Then, my other SIL, Jenni and her BF Chris got engaged up at Vermillion. The will get married sometime next year! Needless to say we had a fabulous trip and can't wait to go again next year.

We arrived home on the Saturday the 26th and then on Sunday, Grant's Aunt Nancy and his cousins held a baby shower for Brendan and I. It was so wonderful seeing a lot of Grant's relatives there and Brendan got a ton of great gifts!

The following weekend we headed down to Lanesboro, MN (just south of Rochester) to hang out with my family (My immediate family and then my Aunt Katherine and Uncle Jeff's family). This is an annual trip and we added 3 new babies to the mix since last year! It was wonderful to see everyone and most importantly get Brendan and my cousin Brandon's new daughter Natalya together. They were born 1 day apart (Brendan on the 27th of May and Natalya on the 28th!) They were so cute together!!!

I will hopefully get a chance to post pictures later, but at least I've got this update here.

No comments: