Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ramblings on Monday

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I just do not know where in the world time goes?! Add to that the fact that baby #2 is T-minus 2 1/2 months away from DD-day (that's due date day!) and it's all I can do NOT to freak out. Freaking out aside, we are enjoying the winter weather with lots of love in our house and fun activities going on all the time.

Some things we have been up to recently include:

Playing games of Muppets Yahtzee, in which B ALWAYS wins. My sister-in-laws family gave this to us for Christmas and we have had so much fun "teaching" Brendan how to play the game. He loves it and in his second game, first two turns, rolled back to back Yahtzees!!!

I finally finished a cape project that I have been thinking about doing for Brendan since before Christmas. This is a "Wonderpets" cape from one of B's favorite T.V. shows of the same name. He's been running around the house making all sorts of flying noises and terrorizing the dog :D

Another project that I just completed using my *gasp* sewing machine is this toolbelt. I stumbled upon a great blog that has tutorials for all sorts of sewing/re-purposing projects and just HAD to make this one right away! (if you are interested in this sort of thing...the site is http://www.makeit-loveit.com/ )

We made a trip down to the Children's Museum a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of friends and Brendan had the time of his life. Running from exhibit to exhibit, playing with everything he could get his hands on. He especially liked being able to draw on his own face! Look at how much he was concentrating on getting it just right :D

Hanging out in our jammies with slippers on is a must around here. Every morning, Brendan enjoys helping me make breakfast. He gets his "stool" and we put it in his spot. Then he helps me to carry an egg from the fridge, being careful not to drop it. He chats away as I crack the eggs (sometimes he gets a chance to do that too) and cook the eggs. It is the one meal in the day that I know he will eat the whole thing of, which is wonderful :D

So, that is our life as it stands right now. This Friday I have my monthly baby doctor appointment. After this one, I will be going in every 2 weeks until the baby decides he's ready to see the world. So unbelievably crazy that I'm that far along already!




No comments: