Saturday, March 19, 2011

Random Stuff

*This past week was BRUTAL! B had a cold starting late the week before, and by Monday night was running a very high fever (105 an hour after giving him a bath and ibuprofen). We called into the clinic and they had us give him 1/2 tsp. more of the ibuprofen and 1 1/2 tsp. of Tylenol...wait 30 minutes and see if that brought the fever down. It did thankfully...and it looked like it was gone the next morning. Tuesday late afternoon=more fever (luckily nothing as high as the night before and the meds were doing their job of bringing it down), then Wednesday morning no fever, but after lunch = fever shot back up to 103.5. I brought him in to the same day clinic as it was just not going away (he also had a very runny nose, watery, bloodshot eyes and a bad cough). We went in and the Doctor checked him out. She was saying that she wouldn't be able to determine what was wrong with him until after he had had the fevers for 48 hours...I told her that it had been 48 hours and she immediately ordered all the gambit of tests. We got to do a strep test, blood draw and chest x-rays. We went back to see the doctor and she said the tests didn't really show anything. Go home and keep giving him the ibuprofen/Tylenol, but come back tomorrow if his fever reaches anything over 102.5. So we went home. Around 4:45 she called us and wanted us to come right in to get a urine sample. We went right in...and just barely got enough pee in the cup for the test (I'm thankful that we have been "working" on potty training with B...he's not totally getting it yet, but he knows at least what to do when he's on the potty). We went back to the Doctor's office and waited for the test to come back. There were levels of things in his urine that suggested he was fighting some type of infection somewhere, so we left with a prescription in hand. And get this...It is is FIRST EVER PRESCRIPTION. Weird, crazy huh?!? I can't believe we made it almost 3 years without one prescription for this little boy!!! We are very blessed with a healthy child, that's for sure. :D And the antibiotics have done their job. He hasn't had a fever since Thursday night and he is definitely feeling better!!!

*Both Grant and I also caught whatever B had, but not as bad...

*We are 3-5 weeks away from adding the newest Lindberg to the family. We're still narrowing down names, getting the nursery ready and I've been cleaning out a few closets around here to fill out my general nesting instincts!

*I am obsessed with blogs right now that have tutorials for re-purposing/sewing/making fun things for kids. I have a few projects brewing in my brain right now that just want to be made...hopefully I can get one done this week to enter in the Re-purposing Contest at Family Pathways!

*B, Grant and I are all DYING to go to Disney World.

*B is also obsessed with Target (the store), Pirates, Lego guys, Trains, Dinosaurs, helping to bake things in the kitchen and just about anything else that catches his eye day to day right now.

*B's sense of humor has really taken wing lately. Last night we found him in his playroom, watching a movie with his diaper on his head...A few weekends ago, his nose was runny and out of nowhere he says "Hey, get back here nose!" and giggled at himself...He's also told me to turn down my music in the car "Cause I can't read my choo-choo paper!"; while I was laughing hysterically he said "I funny, mommy?". Yes you are little buddy, yes you are!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Send me your sewing links!